Life's Journey with Down Syndrome
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Life's Journey with Down Syndrome

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For those looking for glasses that fit our kiddos right!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Maysonsmama

Maysonsmama

Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2009-01-27

For those looking for glasses that fit our kiddos right! Empty
PostSubject: For those looking for glasses that fit our kiddos right!   For those looking for glasses that fit our kiddos right! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 7:23 pm

Mayson has had glasses since she was 10 months old and it was a nightmare until we found glasses from SPECS 4 US. They are designed just for kids with Down syndrome. They fit them right and are comfortable. Mayson now keeps her glasses on much better!!!
The styles they have are awesome.. great shapes and colors. The frames are very flexible and durable.
Keep in mind they only carry FRAMES. Their prices are very reasonable. I took Maysons frames to Walmart and had them put the lenses in for $65. Much cheaper than the ones from the doctors office too!
here is the link.
The owner and desinger is MARIA DELLAPINA. She too, has a daughter with Down Syndrome and was determined to find glasses that fit our kids properly She has become a friend of mine and will make sure your child gets the right size! ( Tell her you got the info from me! ) You can personally call her with any questions you have at 1-800-586-1885
The website is http://www.specs4us.com

Surf their website out and you may find Mayson in the gallery section If you ever have any questions you can always email me or PM me as well!
Back to top Go down
http://www.theflegefarm.blogspot.com
jennifer

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: For those looking for glasses that fit our kiddos right!   For those looking for glasses that fit our kiddos right! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 12:41 pm

Amy, My son Jack got his first pair of glasses when he was almost 17 months. We got the Miraflex ones, which I agree are good for not breaking, but I have very few days he will actually leave them on for more than a few seconds-minutes if we are lucky! Did you try alot of others before finding the specs4us? I think the problem with miraflex is you have to strap them on to keep them on and then they are either too tight or too loose. He almost scrapes his forehead when he pulls them off. He really needs to wear them because he is nearsighted, farsighted and has a stigmatism. We are trying to prevent getting a lazy left eye, but I wonder how well were doing if he doesn't want to keep them on??? Does it take long to get the frames after you order? Do the specs4us stay with a strap too? or just with the bows being fit right? Well I am definately going to go check out this website. Thanks for the info.

Jennifer~ mom to Johnathan 9, Jenelle 8, Jessica 5, and Jack 23months (DS) Cool
Back to top Go down
jeri

Number of posts : 406

PostSubject: Re: For those looking for glasses that fit our kiddos right!   For those looking for glasses that fit our kiddos right! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 1:11 pm

My daughter has frames by Specs4US. I did try another frame before paying these frames and they are wonderful. I don't have to get them adjusted and she will wear them. I did add a strap so when she pulls them off they don't fall to the floor. She likes these so much better than the other frames. They are worth it.
Back to top Go down
Maysonsmama

Maysonsmama

Number of posts : 365

PostSubject: Re: For those looking for glasses that fit our kiddos right!   For those looking for glasses that fit our kiddos right! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 1:18 pm

Mayson had 2 other pair from her doc before these. They left marks on the her nose, the side of her face and she was always taking them off!I just dont think they felt good. She was always throughing them off. The strap didnt work for her. She knew how to work it and get over her head. Not to mention we do not have eye insurance and her glasses were $385 there. At specs 4 us, I think the frames run around $91 or something like that and I took Maysons prescription to walmart with the frames and they got lenses in them for $65 and were done in less than a week!
Maria will ship them out right away for you from Specs4us!
good luck and if you get some let us see!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.theflegefarm.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For those looking for glasses that fit our kiddos right!   For those looking for glasses that fit our kiddos right! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For those looking for glasses that fit our kiddos right!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Life's Journey with Down Syndrome :: Things to think about! :: Down syndrome awareness-
Jump to: