Life's Journey with Down Syndrome
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Life's Journey with Down Syndrome

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A good meet-up and chat

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Braska'sMom

Braska'sMom

Number of posts : 1118
Humor : Lots and lots please!!!
Registration date : 2009-01-26

A good meet-up and chat Empty
PostSubject: A good meet-up and chat   A good meet-up and chat Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 2:16 pm

I just had a great visit with a mom, dad, and grandma to a really adorable little girl with DS...she slept through the chat. I'd connected with them online and they are dealing with similar feeding/tube-feeding issues, so I went to met up with them at Children's after an appt they had. It went really well! They're not connected to a group or anything, from a bit of a rural area, so I'm going to do what I can to find out what's closest around.

It's so nice to be able to share encouragement and just plain old conversation with people who know what you're going through. They honestly don't know anyone in real life that has a kid with DS...how difficult! I love that I get to do that regularly!! Another perk of this little girl of mine showing up in our lives! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://braskabear.blogspot.com
EAS1971

Number of posts : 2116
Humor : lowbrow, juvenile, scattalogical, slapstick ;)

PostSubject: Re: A good meet-up and chat   A good meet-up and chat Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 3:11 pm

That's a great story! Thanks for sharing that with us.

It really is one of the "perks" of this "job."
Back to top Go down
http://kansasds.forummotion.com/
shele337

shele337

Number of posts : 3585

PostSubject: Re: A good meet-up and chat   A good meet-up and chat Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 5:11 pm

I agree that it's a perk. I talk to more strangers now than I ever did before!
Back to top Go down
momofrussell

momofrussell

Number of posts : 1738
Humor : Same as Beth's! LOL
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: A good meet-up and chat   A good meet-up and chat Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 10:03 pm

That was awful nice of you Smile I agree.. .a good perk!
Back to top Go down
Emlyn's mom

Emlyn's mom

Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: A good meet-up and chat   A good meet-up and chat Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 10:08 pm

Oh what a great thing you're doing! I really like meeting new parents too. We have a few we've met in the past few months and it feels great to bring them a bit of peace and information!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mooretimes.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A good meet-up and chat   A good meet-up and chat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A good meet-up and chat
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Life's Journey with Down Syndrome :: Things to think about! :: Down syndrome awareness-
Jump to: