Life's Journey with Down Syndrome

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Raising $$ for a national or international DS org via app sales. Need suggestions.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
billandria

Number of posts : 440
Humor : LOL
Registration date : 2009-07-30

PostSubject: Raising $$ for a national or international DS org via app sales. Need suggestions.   Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:18 pm

Hi. Our family would like to raise money for a DS organization via my mother-in-law's new app creating company with app sales for a specified period of time. My mother-in-law put me in charge of designing the website and looking for a charity to donate to. And I need to find one fast.

I emailed Down Syndrome Education USA about 3 weeks ago and followed up with a phone call but no replies yet from them. Another organization I thought of was Down Syndrome Pregnancy.

I am leaning more toward national organizations that advocates on a national or international level. So in this case, I am not considering local organizations like the Down Syndrome Association of Greater St. Louis or the Pujols Foundation or similar orgs.

I would love suggestions. Pretty please.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://billandria.blogspot.com
Carson's Mom

Number of posts : 6453
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Raising $$ for a national or international DS org via app sales. Need suggestions.   Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:48 pm

I'm a huge fan of DSRTF. Mary is their largest fundraiser.

Number of posts : 440
Humor : LOL
Registration date : 2009-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Raising $$ for a national or international DS org via app sales. Need suggestions.   Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:06 pm

Carson's Mom wrote:
I'm a huge fan of DSRTF. Mary is their largest fundraiser.

Me too. Great research. We raised funds for them last year. Great suggestion! I might have to revisit if no other organization replies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://billandria.blogspot.com
nicksmom

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Raising $$ for a national or international DS org via app sales. Need suggestions.   Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:24 pm

Do you have a local adult community that hires the handicapped? We have several. One makes doughnuts, one company makes gourmet fudge and popcorn and you can order it online and they will ship for you also. Everyone there has a disability and they want to do fundraisers. The prices are affordable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nicksmom

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Raising $$ for a national or international DS org via app sales. Need suggestions.   Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:33 pm

Oh sorry I see that you are looking to raise funds for them. It goes both ways, they do need donated funds also. I am sure your area has something similar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shele337

Number of posts : 3585
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Raising $$ for a national or international DS org via app sales. Need suggestions.   Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:50 pm

What about Gifts From The Heart For Downs: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gifts-From-the-Heart-For-Downs/198659250174915

They grant wishes for children/adults with Ds.....anything from meeting celebrities to ipads and adaptive bicycles. Nichole's son, Alex, got to meet Kenny Chesney though that organization.

Shelley
mom to Jakob-12, Olivia-9, Emmett-9/Ds, Kullen-9/Ds,
Grifyn-8/Ds, Xander-8/Ds and ASD, Zoie-6 and Annikah-6/Ds
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raising $$ for a national or international DS org via app sales. Need suggestions.   

Back to top Go down

Raising $$ for a national or international DS org via app sales. Need suggestions.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1